Monday, April 14, 2008

God...church...

So pretty much God has been doing some pretty amazing things in me...my friends...my family...my church...and its flippin exciting.  You know how when you go to a conference or something like that and you have a good time and get excited about God and christianity and all that stuff...and then in a week or two...you get complacent and lazy again? Maybe it's just me...but that has happened several times to me before.   But let me tell you...when God Himself touches you and puts something in you...that excitement and fire will never go away.  

We have recently started a young adult class (ya know...people in their 20's or around there) at church and from the beginning...I have said that it was going to be amazing and one of the best things we have ever done.  And I was right!  We started off with maybe 10 people or so but we were all hungry for God and we wanted Him so bad we were about to explode.  So we meet for prayer sunday mornings before church and we get together on Friday nights and we either go out and eat or something or someone will teach and preach.  Prayer has been great!  Our group keeps growing and believe me...God is hearing us when we pray and cry out to him.  He HAS to.  There is no way he can ignore 15 people worshiping Him and crying out to him...very LOUDLY.  Needless to say 45 minutes is not nearly long enough for us to pray together...but it's a start.  

It has definitely been refreshing and encouraging to finally get to be around people and friends that are for real going after God and trying to make sure another generation, OUR generation, does not miss God again.  

Friday nights have been great...chillin and eating and doing that sort of thing is always fun but when we get together to listen to some preaching and stuff...that has been great!  People have been receiving the Holy Spirit and God has really been messing us up.  Pastor Buddy prophesied over everyone that was there Friday night and he was dead on it.  Needless to say, we are stirred up and have been for several weeks now and so its just going to keep getting better and better and we are going to keep pressing in to God and hopefully we will start something in our church and and then we will go from there.  

So I'm stirred up and excited and am going places in God that I have never been before and so are my friends...we are becoming dangerous...love love...

No comments: